Friday, April 27, 2012

New House, New Blog

Has anyone ever told you how much work it is to move?!  {The Carbonatto's are official homeowners of our second house.}

And you're never going to be able to convince me to move again.  (for now)

This blog was born to focus my journey on transforming this beautiful blank slate into a home.   
I'm so excited to start this project!

It makes sense to me to walk you through how the bones of this home came together, so that we're all on the same page of what we're working with.

So without further ado, I bring you blank slate picture-rama:


Great Room
Under contruction...lots of natural light!
Blank slate #1: Looking from the kitchen island to the family room

Blank slate #2: Looking from the kitchen island to the dining room (backyard beyond those windows)







Blank Slate #3: The Kitchen!

Entry Way - Welcome!


Downstairs Bathroom


Master Bath & Bedroom






I know, a lot of what seem like boring pictures.  Builder beige, no furniture, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

BUT, we must start somewhere.  

These are the bones that I've been working with.  Mind you, we've only lived here for 2 months and we've had a newborn during 6 of those weeks, so the house is BY NO MEANS finished.  

But I can guarantee that things look much different now and I'm anxious to keep revealing the process of room transformations.

Welcome to Dirt Stains and Paint!



*Make sure to subscribe via email or follow so that you can keep up to date on all the new house projects!  


3 comments:

  1. First follower. Bam. Your kitchen!!!! Ah! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you are! This is my soft launch, so I appreciate your loyalty Ms. Russum. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! What a fun new design and blog name. Can't way tho see what you've been doing to the new house.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog