Monday, April 30, 2012

Side Table Stripes

As I said Friday, I've been scoring some fun stuff on Craigslist lately, one of which was this measely little side table for $10.

She has scalloped wood details that had been broken off on one side, and a layer of dust that told me this little one needed some TLC.

I, like many others, am FULL BLOWN on the stripes bandwagon.  I love stripes.  (You should see my closet...talk about stripes rut in the wardrobe department).

Bad-blogger-Ashley did not take any "during" pictures because I was just so anxious to get the table done.  And when you're working with a finite time limit (i.e. nap time), sometimes you just have to skip blogger etiquette.

But I do have my after pictures!

The process was pretty standard:
1. Sand
2. Clean
3. Prime
4. Paint (white)
5. Tape
6. Paint (stripes)


You'll also notice that I chipped off all the old scalloped edging.  It was too broken to salvage, and I like the clean lines that the piece now has without them.


The stripes are a subtle green-grey-brown that I love.  The paint color is Behr's Rhino which I used as the wall color for my old craft room (that never got finished...good thing we moved).


I haven't sealed it yet because I'm still debating on some sort of stencil on top of the stripes like this:


But for now, I love my stripes and my "new" $10 side table.

Before

After

Linking to:
Primitive & Proper
Not Just a Housewife
Beneath My Heart
Momma Hens Coop
Delightfully Inspiring
The 36th Avenue
Whipperberry
TT&J
Faded Charm
Domestically Speaking
Shabby Art Boutique

11 comments:

  1. i LOVE this table- the stripes are fabulous, but i also love that awesome shape- those legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute table i love craigslist makeovers!!

    i found you through not just a house wife's show me what ya got

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super-cute. I have a little tiered table that I keep wanting to stripe. Maybe now I'll finally do it after seeing how good yours turned out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table turned out darling! I love the soft, warm grey color that you used. I am pinning this so I can find the fabulous grey color again. Great job! I love when old, dusty, forgotten furniture turns fabulous!
    Have a happy weekend!
    Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this table! Such a sweet thing--wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. I LOVE this side table redo! The stripes are great.. and the color is perfect. :)

    Love your site! Newest follower.. would love for you to share this at my Friday link party going on now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great table! What a big difference with just a little paint and tape! And the price was definitely right! I'm a new follower!

    I'm co-hosting the link party with Lines Across and I would love it if you would stop by and share, if you haven't already. Hope to see you there! http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com/2012/05/co-hosting-cure-for-common-monday-linky.html

    Barbara @ Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Ashley... great table transformation. I love the stripes too. If it was me I'd leave it without a graphic and let the stripes be the focus - but that's just my opinion.
    Thanks so much for linking to Shabbilcious Friday.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ashley,

    It turned great and expressing me your beautiful thoughts about changing things and giving new life to them. I loved the color combination and the legs are so gorgeous as well. By the way, your family picture is so nice.

    Carol@ white furniture

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog