Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Revamping a Gossip

Being a gossip is not something to be proud of.

A wise person once told me:
{If they gossip TO you, they'll gossip ABOUT you} 

I don't want that.

But I do want, what the old folks call, a Gossip Bench.  A what?!  A gossip bench.  Let me introduce you.


I had to Google what it was too.  Don't worry.  I'm not even sure why it's called that.  But whatever - it's super cute nonetheless, and when I saw it's $40 price tag during one of my daily Craigslist hunts, I had to have it.

After giving her a solid sanding, some priming, and several coats of white semi-gloss (in the premade quarts) paint, she now resides in my entry way.

Supes cute right?!

I figure it's the perfect spot for someone to stop and put their shoes on before leaving, possibly gossip a little bit, or it's latest purpose has been the ever-notorious TIMEOUT chair.

Yeah you think that those innocent eyes could never POSSIBLY get in trouble.  Ha!  This {almost} 2 year old LOVES visiting the timeout chair these days.


I'm just glad this his cute little butt gets to sit on this cute little bench.  Because as frustrated as I can get at him, as soon as I step back and glance at this beaute, I instantly am filled with joy again at her place in the house.

And, I know I'm in a white furniture rut, but oh my word, I just can't resist!

That's it for now!


*If you're new around here, don't forget to follow or subscribe to see more fun furniture and house transformations


Linking to:
The 36th Avenue
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Whipperberry
TT&J
Primitive & Proper
Faded Charm

4 comments:

  1. it looks adorable, and i love the wall color behind it and the wooden crate.... it all looks great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the contrast between the white bench and the wood crate. Love love love.

    Your blog is super cute :) I'm now following along! Best of luck!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a variation of this 'gossip bench' in my house as i was growing up in the 50s. our resided in the hallway of our home. this was a bench where you would sit to use the telephone... a bench for you and a little table for the phone. you did a very nice job.
    judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your title too much and then scrolled a bit down! It's so beautiful and really adorable. I love white furniture and often choose for my home furnishing. I am so glad to have the same above. It can be great present to my kid and hope to get great match with his existing furniture. Anyway, thanks for sharing this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog