Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Room Reveal: The Loo

I showed you the cute DIY Hallway signs I whipped up the other day, one of which labelled what I have affectionately dubbed 'The Loo'.




Blake had never heard of this term.  I told him, geez laweez, you need to get out more...whatever that means (to more BATHROOMS?).  Whatever, it was better than having a huge sign in our house that said "Poop here"...even though Brecken probably would've loved that.

Here is the blank slate that I was starting with.

Woh woh.

I LOVED the tile backsplash that we picked from the very beginning.

I used this as my color palette inspiration.

It's a cool combo of sea glass blues with clear and navy accents surrounded by a darker slate subway tiled flooring and counter tops.

The walls were transformed using Behr's Ice Cap.

Already looking better.

{The catch though with new construction cookie-cutter houses are the lack of fun storage and architectural detail throughout.}

We had to add our own personal touches in this arena for 'The Loo'.

Plain wood shelves - Hobby Lobby for $7.99.


Some of the sources:
Monogrammed Hand Towel - West Elm
Rug - Target
Toilet Paper Carrier - Pick Your Plum
Guest Towel Hooks - Pottery Barn clearance
Rattan Trash Can - Target
'Bath' Sign - Hobby Lobby
Bible Page Canvas - Tutorial here
Wall Color - Behr's Ice Cap

So there you have it, the beginning of the transformation of the downstairs guest bath.

From boring builder beige:

To a fresh, clean, assembled guest oasis: The Loo.

Linking to:
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Whipperberry

1 comment:

  1. This is too cute. I am definitely going to have to make these signs happen in my house. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog