Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Some Hallway Signs...

Many a month ago, I stumbled across this fun blog, fell in love with her inspiration, and immediately knew I needed to have something like it for the new house.

So I headed to our local Hobby Lobby and picked up the supplies:

  • Oval wood medallions (3)
  • Paint color of your choice
  • Wrought iron wall-mount brackets
The process was super simple: paint, label, hang!

$2.99 already sanded and ready to be customized!


I printed out my favorite font, Albemarle Swash, using "my" Silhouette (what would I do without this little guy).



I used two coats of Painter's Touch white (the pre-made Home Depot quarts), and then stenciled with the negative of my vinyl in Behr's Rhino (the same color I used here).

Ready to hang!


Total cost of this project: under $10 each!


I chose to label the 'Pantry' and 'The Loo' - two locations that I feel like guests always need to be pointed to when hanging out.



I can't yet decide if I'm going to flip flop the colors of the 'Pantry' sign - Behr's Rhino backdrop with white font.  This will be a TBD thing that I'll marinate on for now.

I've also got one more in the works for the 'Laundry Room' to reside upstairs...this is a locale that little Mr. Brecken is going to need to know in the future. :)  Might as well label it for him - the implication: "Dirty clothes go here!"

In the meantime, I'm in love with my hallway signs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog