Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wrong Color...try again

Last week, on a rare Seattle sunny day, I got inspired by a bold color at Home Depot.

Aubergine.

Yep, totally not my normal.  But I was feeling fancy (because that's really just a fancy word for purple).

So after a little sanding, and some cleaning, I was ready to transform this little side table.


Then, I got cold feet.  Aubergine was a bold choice with my neutral house.  Okay, how about just paint the HARDWARE that color?

I went with my go-to paint color these days, sprayed the hardware, and came up with this.


Not sold.


It blends too much into the wall color.  Darn it.  Wrong color choice.



I don't know what color will take place for this little guy, but I know he's not staying like that permanently.

What color do you think I should do?








So, TBD.  But for now, this is what he looks like...

Make sure to follow along to see what I come up with!

Linking to:
Not Just a Housewife
Primitive & Proper
Domestically Speaking

2 comments:

  1. i think the purple hardware is fun! sorry- i mean aubergine. :) if you really want to redo it again, i think turquoise would look fabulous with your chairs, or even a fun pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the colour of the hardware, I'd totally go Aubergine. Plus it's a small piece and it wouldn't be overwhelming. Then I'd maybe spray the hardware Krylon's brushed nickel.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog