Thursday, June 28, 2012

Room Reveal: Kitchen

Building a house is a labor of love.  A blessing, but a labor of love.

Picking each element, and worrying if it will all look good together? or will my lack of design skill really show on a big scale?


I had a vision of what I wanted my kitchen and dining area to look like for our new house, but it took me awhile to nail it down.

Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest.  

Seriously, how many times did I thank the Lord (literally) for Pinterest?

This is what I came up with:
Sorry - unedited.  Taken the day before we got the keys officially.
White, white and more white.

I had fallen in love with the bazillion gorg white kitchens floating around Pinterest, and knew more than anything, this was a MUST-HAVE design element.

After months of living here, this is what the space looks like now...infused with a little Ashley-style. :)


The grey subway tile backsplash.  Oh man, I love the grey subway tile backsplash.


Influenced by a friend, we also chose to use a contrasting grout color with the subway tile (white).  This makes all the difference visually (advice: that sounds risky, but do it - it makes your design element really POP).


I've infused the space with some Parisian flare - this clock from Antique Farmhouse, seriously the best daily deals site.


We also had the walls painted Benjamin Moore's Metro Grey.  LOOOOVVEEEEE.


It's so soft, and neutral, and just plain dreamy.


As neutral as I went with the basic bones of the space, I have infused some color throughout.

Hand towel - source.
Chevron rug from here.
Oh, and this little munchkin wanted in on the picture-taking action.


I just love how much SPACE there is.

A spot for the morning jo.

A place to stash all our crap mail with a built-in desk.

You can't tell from the pictures, but it always smells good too thanks to this Anthropology addition:

I recommend buying them in every size. :)

It's been so fun to work with the builder to construct this kitchen.  Knocking out walls, extending countertops and choosing the overall aesthetic of it all - it's been super fun and I'm pleased with what we ended up with.


I'm not planning on quitting my day job anytime soon, but I am quite impressed with my design skills.

They didn't steer me wrong...this time!

I've got more plans for the kitchen (think fun island and industrial pendant lights)...but when is a room ever REALLY complete?!

Be sure to check back next week for another room reveal of our eating space/dining room!


Linking to:
Delightful Order
Shabby Art Boutique
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The 36th Avenue
Liz Marie Blog
Whipperberry
TT&J

26 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is beautiful!
    I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from Shabbilicious to see the bucket, but ended up loving this kitchen, It is so serene. The little details you added increase its charm. The numbered bucket is my favorite!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will now pin your kitchen to my dream white kitchen board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have this kitchen. It's gorgeous! I especially love your pantry sign. I'll have to remember that for future kitchen planning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the subway tiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful! I'm there with you on white and gray-love your vintage accents and also the yellow and turquoise too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm stopping by from TT&J and I love your white kitchen. Your vintage elements and pops of color make your kitchen both homey AND fun! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about it! Can't wait to build a house so u can decorate for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful Ashley... well done.
    Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen is gorgeous! May I ask where you bought your grey subway tile? We've been searching for something like that and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen is gorgeous! May I ask where you bought your grey subway tile? We've been searching for something like that and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! I LOVE the grey subway tile! I don't think I've seen it before. You have a beautiful family. Love your blog ;)
    Jamie ~ Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your subway tile! I am looking for some, can you tell me where you purchased it? thanks!
    angi.lee5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. where did you get your subway tile?

    ReplyDelete
  15. where did you get your subway tile?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd also like to know where you got tile and exact color name. The gray my designer showed me is too dark. Called pewter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. is that subway tile called tender gray? I am looking for the same color - would love to know what that is....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Also wondering about the subway tile -- it's perfect for what I'm looking for!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there - any update with where you got the subway tile? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi - i would love to know the brand and color name of the subway tile :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would also love to know the brand and color name of the subway tile. Please!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What is the name of the countertops you used?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just found your site and I love it! This kitchen is absolutely breathtaking! I love everything about it

    Furniture Store Parker
    Whole Sale Furniture parker
    Kitchen Cabinets Parker

    ReplyDelete
  24. this kitchen is soooo Gorgeous! and It is so modern and clean looking. I’m really impressed.

    North East Factory Direct
    Cleveland Kitchen Cabinets
    Modern Furniture Cleveland

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog