Tuesday, July 24, 2012

One Year Later

Every so often, we come across a story that shakes us to our core.

In this instance, this was a story happening right in my backyard.  At my church.  To one of my friends.

I saw the aftermath.  I witnessed the response.  And then, I joined the movement.

You can read more about Rachel's story here and here.

One year later (yesterday to the day), Rachel's mom Sam, went to see the fruits of Rachel's wish.  


Watch this.




At our core, we all want to have an impact.  We all desperately need hope in the midst of hurt.  It's how God made us.


But how?

By doing as Rachel has done.  

Living backwards. With the end in sight.


This reminds me today of how God uses ugly, ugly circumstances and turns them into beautiful blessings.  Life is not guaranteed.


Sam, you are so brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog