Monday, July 2, 2012

Room Reveal: The Entryway

I know, I said we'd take a look at the dining room, but we finished some fun projects this weekend in the entryway and I wanted to share them with you.



Let's start with the before picture.

And how about now:

Sorry for the bright light - it was from the sun.  A rare sighting here in Seattle so I couldn't bear to edit it out. :)

When you walk through the front door, this is what you see:

I used my Silhouette to add our house number with vinyl to the front door.  The original thought was to paint them on, but it scared Blake a little too much, so I went with the semi-permanent solution.

*I did not use any special outdoor vinyl, just the cheapo normal stuff and so far it has help up in the elements quite well!

If you've been following me on Pinterest, you'll have noticed that stripes were a must in the new house.


Best. Decision. Ever.

Little white gossip bench aka The Timeout Chair...duh, duh duhnnnn

I seriously LOVE them.

The walls had already been painted with Benjamin Moore's Metro Grey, so I simply measured and taped off 8" increments and then used Behr's Ultra Pure White (2 coats) over the Metro Grey.  


The frame is a $2 garage sale find from last year, the canvas is from here (with last year's Christmas card pic) and I picked up that chippy table on Craigslist last week for $40!


It's even on casters for a little extra shabby fun.

PS - I spy the golf ball...story of my life.  :)

Opposite of the stripe wall, we added a fun makeshift mudroom type detail:

Hooks were from Hobby Lobby (50% off of course), and the board was just from Home Depot, already primed.  We simply measured and cut (by we, I mean Blake) with his manly saw skills, and wa-la - a fun wall coat rack!

We wanted a little bit more "industrial" type look so left the nails exposed.  I love it.

Added character and function - LOVE!  Plus it was super easy and cheap - total cost was $20 for everything!

Anyway, that's the entryway.  I love walking downstairs now and being greeted by one of my new favorite spaces in the house!



Linking to:
Its Overflowing
Skip to my Lou
Not Just a Housewife
Faded Charm
Whipperberry
I Heart Naptime
Six Sisters Stuff
Beneath My Heart

10 comments:

  1. I love this! Featuring you tomorrow! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your striped walls. I've always been afraid of the time consuming taping in fear that I will mess up the entire wall. Yours looks fantastic.

    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the striped walls and the crates are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love stripes in this house too! Such a charming entryway! So warm & inviting & full of style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stripes give so much character! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, just read your son was born on March 11th, mine was born on March 19th! Impressive that you were able to finish this project!! I haven't done anything since March!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. any chance you could do a tutorial on painting those lovely stripes in your entryway? i live on vashon in a tiny little cottage by the harbor and i want to do them in our bedroom. it might make it look just a teeny bit bigger, i hope. i think i would reduce the size of the stripes, but the technique would be the same. would love a little bit of guidance from one who has already done it....
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley! Your entry way is gorgeous! I love those stripes. Thanks for linking your project up to my monthly linky party. I will be featuring your project in my post today.
    Blessings!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stripes! they add so much interest to a room. Please share this on my linky party too!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog