Friday, August 24, 2012

French + White = Chair Love

It's no secret how much I LOOOVEEE anything with a French flair.  Combine that with my white rut, and you get a new family room favorite!

I bought these gorgeous French Salon chairs on Craigslist when we first moved in.



I've seen similar ones on Ballard Designs for roughly $800 each!!

Holy out-of-my-budget!


My strong and steady Craigslist came through again.

They came with a beautiful grey brocade fabric which excited me because I thought for sure I'd have to do some re-upholestering (which I know NOTHING about).



But these gems just required some white paint.



I painted one chair with this DIY chalkpaint recipe.  I must've done something wrong, because it got REALLY chunky and hard REALLY fast.


So I bailed on the chalk paint idea for the second one (even though I really want to try this recipe now), and just used your standard white spray paint.


Good thing I have a lifetime supply of white spray paint on hand at all times. :)

LOVE my new white chairs.  On the cheap, a quick fix, and now a perfect fit in our family room!

Quick before:

And after:

Subtle, but I love it!

Have a great weekend!

PS - dont you adore this pillow?!  It's from here in case you need want one in your house too...holidays are coming!

To see more of the Family Room click here

Linking to:
Miss Mustard Seed
Redoux Interiors
TT&J
Faded Charm
Beneath My Heart
Thrifty Decor Chick

10 comments:

  1. I totally had a chair like this at one time, but had no clue what to do with it! These look fab! Now on to craigslist to find another one! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white on the chairs. I, too, have an addiction with all things frenchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Loverly chairs - I know how expensive those can run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made these perfect by painting the wood white! And how lucky were you to have the fabric be in such fantastic condition?
    your newest follower - would love to have you come by for a visit and follow back when you can
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh these chairs turned out fantastic!! And I love how you 'styled' the table! I'm now following-please stop by sometime and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow all you had to do was paint!! That is amazing...and they look so chic and gorgeous! Great job! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share your post and enter my giveaway.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paint is amazing! So is your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! Visiting from Beneath My Heart, off to check out that pillow now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a simple update! They look so fresh and pretty now :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog