Monday, August 27, 2012

Rocking Chair: To the Races

I bought this standard vintage rocking chair for Brecken's big boy room when we moved in.



Well, I 86'd it going into his room after all..but not before I gave it a fun facelift.

Enter spray paint central.


Taped.  Painted.  Sanded.  Sealed.


And I learned a lesson, which if you follow me on Instagram you already saw (@mamacarbs), but apparently blue spray paint leaves a lasting mark on not just your furniture if not used appropriately.


Whoopsies. Buyer user beware. :)

Love what a little bit of paint can do to add life to what was once an old discarded rocking chair!


*PS if you're local to me, it's up for sale so shoot me an email and I can get you the deets!

Linking to:
POWW @ Primitive & Proper
Primp
Miss Mustard Seed

3 comments:

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog