Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Side Table - Let's Try Navy

If you follow along on Facebook, you noticed the other day that I decided navy needed more of a presence in my house.

My closet has always loved navy.

Now, my house loves navy too.


You'll remember this little side table I re-did a couple months back, that despite it's neutral appeal, it just never sat right with me.



It was just...off.  For this space.  Not the shape - the color.

As I'm gearing up to finally tackle a new big boy room for Brecken, I thought I'd try my hand at the other DIY Chalk Paint recipe in a deep navy blue on this side table that I already despised.

If I didn't like it after the fact, oh well.

But guess what?

I LOVE IT!


It adds a bit of sophistication and regal-ness (is that a word?) to the space.

The paint was super easy to work with.

I used...
Behr's Midnight Dream (1 cup)
-combined with-
1 tbl. of unsanded grout 
and it was MORE than enough for this project.  

In fact, for some projects like this, I learned that I definitely should at least HALF the recipe so I don't have to throw so much away.

It did require some sanding at the end, but who doesn't love to distress a little?

Gold hardware is for sure the only way to go - as seen in Cassie's gorg new entryway table last week on her blog.


What do you think?

Before...


After...


Love it.

Linking to:
POWW
CSI Project
MMS

5 comments:

  1. I love it too! Especially with the gold - perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! i love navy as well, and paired with brass or gold it is so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley, I love it too! It caught my eye at MissMustardSeed's FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi nice to blog meet you ashley, while I like neutrals I think that pops of color are important!!! Love blue and the way that this made your area look it really looks awesome!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue. It is perfect now. I also love your give thanks pillow. Both so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog