Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Harvest Cabinet Door Sign

In true Ashley fashion, I scored a whole pile of free kitchen cabinet doors the other day from Craigslist.


Yep.

F.R.E.E.

I've seen some fun possibilities flying around Pinterest and knew I could put my own spin on them.


Blank slate right.  Just a plain (oak?) cabinet door.

With a little spray paint, some help from my Silhouette, voila - the perfect little November-themed "sign".


I'll be honest.  My original intent was to paint this sign white, and have the letters be a copper acrylic color that I've been dying to use.  But, well I had to go with plan B because my "stencil" didn't quite transfer as easily as I had hoped.

{Some times in life, you just don't end up with Plan A.  It's a good lesson to learn, and accept, early on if you can}.

I simply used leftover gold spray paint from this end table re-do.


The font I used was Onyx.  And I then stretched it to fit the dimensions I needed for this particular cabinet (20.5" x 4.5").


I sort of played around with where this little guy was going to find a home for the next month or so.  But ultimately, I think it's fate is in someone else's home.

Mama needs some Christmas shoppin money!


A pretty simple project that cost me nothing since I used all things I already had on hand.  

Can't wait to put these other cabinets to use!

Linking to:
DIY Showoff Fall Festival
The 36th Avenue
Design, Dining & Diapers
House of Smiths

10 comments:

  1. Great idea! I found you through Roadkill rescue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I just love cheap projects that fit the season!

      Delete
  2. Love FREE Ashley! Great find, it looks really great with the chairs and side table :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea Ash...the gold looks so pretty on that beautiful blue table...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute idea. btw, i love your header!!
    We just got our link party up and running and would love if you came and joined in on the fun. Each week we are giving away free ad space for one week to one random party goer. Our main site gets thousands of hits per day and The Better Half gets thousands per week. Hope to see you there! http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-5/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a genius. And the best Craigslister ever. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and your blog! We just featured it on our blog Primal Difference would love for you to come by and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! So simple, and perfect at the same time :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog