Friday, November 23, 2012

Helping Kids find a Reason for the Season

Christmas is here!!!

Dirt Stainer #1 last year at Christmas

EEK!!

Our Christmas traditions start tonight: Santa arrives in a nighttime parade, it "snows", and drummer boys drum - I can hardly wait!


Before I get caught up in the shopping, decorating, and sipping up deliciousness in those beloved red cups, it's important for me to start the holiday season with my focus on the reason for the season.

Cheesy, I know.

{But as a parent, and believer, I sometimes find myself caught in the tension of Christmas and Jesus}.

And how the two always seem to separate from one another.

THE SOLUTION: I recommend this book.



I'm am ALL ABOUT indulging in every aspect of Christmas celebration there is (the lights, the tree, fun gift wrapping - I love it all).  

{I just want to make sure that I do my part to help our boys understand the meaning of Christmas}.

So, if you're looking for ways that you too can teach your young kids the meaning of Christmas within all of the fun "stuff" of Christmas, go buy this book or look at the online preview here

Trust me, it's worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ash... I was feeling the same way... definitely going to get this book to read to Maddy :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog