Friday, November 9, 2012

Real Life & Choosing Gratitude

Oftentimes, photographs that are shared on my blog, and others, don't show the full meal deal.

Don't worry - our life is NOT perfect.  In fact, here's a glimpse into our real life this week.


We've had a sick baby all week.  And apparently in his world, when he's sick, that means no one gets any sleep.


So that means that there are messes EVERY.WHERE.

Half completed projects.  Like those picture collages needing to get up on the wall so I can finish this project.

Spray paint cans.


And don't even get me started on the MOUND of dishes and laundry that have accumulated all week.  

Blake works late.  I'm tired.  Let's save the chores for someone else.  Another day.

Oh wait, that someone else is me.  Crap.


But amongst the messes, the tissues, and the tears, I have to be intentional to focus on the positive.

Because otherwise, I'll lose it.  Like go insane.  For real.


Flowers via my husband.  #jackpot

Print via her monthly goodies.

So in this season of thanks, despite sick kids and challenging days, I'm choosing gratitude.

And drinking a lot of coffee.  And zoning out on Pinterest.  :)

What do you do to keep sane when the chores are never-ending and the kids provide no relief?

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know i nominated you for the Liebster blogger Award! Love your blog & I'm a new follower! Come on by & check out what this award is all about and I hope you will pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Jen - thank you so much! I will definitely pass it along!!

      Delete

Instagram It

About Me

My Photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog

Loading...