Monday, November 26, 2012

Tis the Season: A New Tradition


I'm so excited!  The magic of Christmas has begun in our home.

If you follow along on Instagram (@mamacarbs), you saw that we braved the rain the day after Thanksgiving, and went to watch Santa arrive downtown at our local Snowflake Lane.

After we dried off, we put the kids to bed, and busted out all of the Christmas boxes.

Magically, a couple hours later, the house was decorated.


The thought is that the boys will get to wake up in the morning, and experience the magic of Christmas as they come down the stairs.


We had a similar tradition in college (#sorority girl), and it was SO fun to just show up and see our living space just totally transformed with the wonder and beauty of Christmas.

And they loved it.

Brecken spent the morning pointing out every piece of Christmas that he could see.

"It's a Christmas tree Mommy."
"Look at ALL the lights!"
"It's Santa!"
"Look at ALL the Christmas balls Mommy."


All while hopping up and down.  He couldn't believe all the fun he could take in with his little eyes.


It felt good to share this with him.

And if I'm honest, it felt good to FINALLY put up some of the fun Christmas projects that I've been working on.


Glitter clothespins.  LOVE.

Some vintage charm was added.

And the boys think that this little mischievous guy did it all.


Welcome to the family Evan the Elf.

I can't wait to share all of Christmas with the boys this year.





Have you decorated already?  Fake or real tree?

I have to admit, I LOVE the convenience of a fake tree.

Linking to:
Not Just a Housewife
Arizona Russums

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Your home is beautiful. Definitely a fake tree- it goes up in a flash. I'll be following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your whole house! The chair, stripes, and of course your Christmas decor :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Stacy! I just love YOUR blog - thanks for hosting a fun party!!

      Delete
  3. ohhh gorgeous decorations! love, love, love it!
    stopping by from the link up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My Photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog

Loading...