Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cards of Christmas Past

I, like the rest of the world, LOVES Christmas cards.

And aside from the joy that I get from receiving them in the mail, I LOVE pulling out our old Christmas cards each year and reflecting to see where we've been and where we are.

Here's a little walk through memory lane.  Obviously feeling a little nostalgic today.

Year 1.  Newlyweds.  Living in LA.
Year 2.  Still footloose and fancy-free, living the dream in Cali.
Year 3.  Moved home, bought a house, added this adorable little guy to the fam.  Man, I miss Dempsey.
Year 4.  Dempsey was still our baby, but a new baby was on the way!
Year 5.  This little man stole our hearts.  Still one of my all time fav pictures.
Year 6.  About to become a big brother.
Year 7.  A new house and a family of four.  How did we get here?!
My heart feels full looking through these.

Now if I could just figure out a way to display them.  And keep them in my heart forever.

{What do you do to display past Christmas cards of your family?}

1 comment:

  1. I made an album of ours. It's a red linen album, and each year I take it out, add our most recent card and letter and then leave it out on the coffee table for the season. Right now it only has three cards, but hopefully someday it will have 40 or 50!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog