Thursday, January 24, 2013

A New Bed and A New Shop

Do you notice how much my blog posts go in waves?  4 in a week....then silence for 4 weeks. :)  Sorry - it's the life of a mom!

Any way, as with the rest of you, I'm trying to tackle some big projects and am still riding the New Year wave of inspiration.


We finally added a guest room set-up in the Craft Room.

You might remember my old craft room from our previous house...it never got done because, well, we moved!  Then, moving here, having a baby, and starting all over - this room has really become a catch-all that we can close the door on most days and pretend like the mess isn't there.

That's called denial, I know.

Yes, we JUST unpacked some boxes a couple weeks ago.  Almost a year after living here.  Just keep it real.

It's a new year though.  So I moved on.

Scored a great deal last week on Craigslist (you can buy a new one here), and husband whipped it together one night.  

Now we finally have somewhere for all of our guests (aka my sister) to sleep!


In a house full of boys, this room is shaping up to be just mine.  A little girly, a little tom-boy'ey, a little vintage and lots of stripes.


Oh, do you spy that adorable plaid pillow?  

One of my besties, Kendra, just opened up her Etsy shop with the cutest custom pillows you'll ever find.  Literally, anything custom.


More on her later, but for now - jump over to her shop and her Facebook page and say hi.

And pat me on the back for getting a guest bed in our house.

Hopefully, I'll be able to do a full Craft Room/Guest Room reveal soon!  Stay tuned!

Sharing with:
Shabbylicious Friday

2 comments:

  1. This bed makes me want to lay down and take a nap in it!!! lol. Comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice place for a guest to rest. Love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My Photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog

Loading...