Monday, January 28, 2013

Pink & Lace Fish Fry

As you know, our house is full of lots of navy blue and grey...everything boy.

So I was so delighted when I was asked to host a friend's "sip & see" to celebrate her new baby girl, Blakely Elizabeth.


Pearls, and Pink and Lace!  In MY house!

Plus, I didn't have to do any of the food - and we went an untraditional route by making the celebration a Fish Fry dinner party - complete with the most delicious 5 course meal 'cuz our friends are cool like that.


Baby Blakely was the first girl for her proud parents, behind her two older brothers.

So the frills were a must.


For party elements, shopping the house was really the easiest thing.

I love having versatile decor!


Yes, drool over that menu.

I didn't cook any of it.

But I did make the menu on Picasa, using this free background from here.


Did you drool?

Yes, we really legitimately deep fried Alaskan Cod in our backyard using this bad boy.



What's that?  You love that darling burlap & jute "B"?


You can get yourself a customized one here.

We had such a great party.  14 dinner guests.  And one darling baby girl.



Party favors.
Do you hate the lights on in pictures as much as me?!
Welcome baby Blakely!

I think pink looks good in our house - what do you think? ;)


Linking to:
Shabby Art Boutique
Design, Dining & Diapers

6 comments:

  1. Love this! Such cute ideas, and yes drool worthy menu - I'm headed to the kitchen for a snack now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ashley, I am visiting from Happy Hour. This 'sip and see' looks so well thought out and everything is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing. Love the menu and decorations. So sweet.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so beautiful! I just did a party for my daughter's first birthday so I know this was a lot of work. I love your dinner idea! Simply beautiful. I'm your newest follower ;) Have a great weekend.
    Jamie ~ Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job Ashley. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best online earning system in the world, Online Data entry jobs, Form Filling Jobs, Copy Pasting Jobs
    Join the best online system from home, Best Investment Plans without any work
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog