Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Grain Sack Bench

I tackled another quick project for our master bedroom update.

We've had this boring bench that I bought for our room about 4 years ago from Sears (what?), always with the intention that we'd recover it.


It took me 4 years, but I finally did it.

Using the amaze balls grain sack fabric that was on sale for a hot second at Decor Steals, I added a little more french flare to our room.


I'm not an expert upholesterer (word?), but using Blake's muscles, and a staple gun, we were able to recover this bad boy pretty easily.


And of course a quick coat of white spray paint to rid of the wrought iron.

And voila - I love this bench for the first time!


I love anything grain sack right now, and found these really cute art prints that might be going up on the walls too.

You can follow along on my Pinterest board to see the inspiration for more of our room!

Next on the project list:


3 comments:

  1. That is adorable, went from plain to perfect!
    I'm your newest follower and on Pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!
    The grain sack was the perfect choice - loves beautifully vintage :)
    Hugs,
    Suza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grain sacks, but I don't own any.

    Your bench made a wonderful change from blah to beautiful with paint a cloth.

    I must start looking for some grain sacks.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog