Monday, February 18, 2013

Milk Paint Dresser

Wow - what a change of events in our bedroom!



On a whim, after scoring a beautiful dresser on Craigslist, I made the decision to post all of our espresso furniture for sale and just completely do away with it, and start fresh!


Little did I know, it sold to a friend within 30 minutes!

Welp, guess that decision is final. :)

The good news is that I LOVE the new dresser we got (plus, I already added in this nightstand I showed you the other day).

Enter in, my first experience with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint.


This was SO far out of my comfort zone, and to be perfectly honest, I'm still warming up to the color.

556 is our anniversary.  May 5th, 2006.

But one thing I know for sure, I am IN LOVE with the chippy-ness of this paint.


Did I mention that this huge dresser was $80?!  It also came with the matching mirror, which I still haven't decided what to do with.

This paint was SO easy to work with, but I will save all of my reviews on it for a different post.

Here's what I started with:

I sort jumped the gun, and started prepping, and my good-blogger instincts kicked in that I needed a before picture.  It's not great though.

Halfway through:

I'm so excited at the feel this adds to our room.  Definitely right on par with my style, more-so than the previous espresso love.


Stay tuned for my personal reviews of the paint, some more painted pieces, and more on our bedroom!

Linking to:
Not Just a Housewife
Osie Moats
Redoux Interiors
Shabby Art Boutique
The Inspiration Gallery
Liz Marie Blog
TT&J
Beneath My Heart

18 comments:

  1. You're killing me! I need to hire you to score some of those awesome craigslist deals because SERIOUSLY. In love with this dresser and the color...if you don't warm up to it, I'll take it off your hands. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this really turned out fantastic! I love it, what a transformation. I would love for you to share it at my link party this week.
    http://www.bloominghomestead.com/2013/02/crafty-tuesday-link-party-21913.html
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so fabulous. Are you going to post the colors you used and how you did it?
    Dido

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley I LOVE your transformation! I also love the color you chose! Would love for you to come share at the party! xo Bridgett

    http://www.osiemoats.com/2013/02/link-up-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous. Do you and Amber Lont want to team up and find and refinish all the furniture for my house? Like all the furniture for every single room? I'll pay big bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! I love the decor on top too - especially the window frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful dresser. The paint color, in all of its chippiness, is just perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! LOVE the blue! Great lines on the dresser!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh it's gorgeous!!! i love milk paint- it has sucha great finish! love your color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing!

    Kathie
    http://www.sassylittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful!! I have one dark piece in my master and this definitely makes me want to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look, never have used milk paint, but this is great. Good job!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dresser is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! I'm fascinated by milk paint; I'm going to have to break down and try it one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What talent and skills you have! I love the blue. I found you at the Weekend Wrap Up Party. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the look of your dresser. I have a similar piece that has been screaming "please paint me" for months now. When school is out, I am going for your same look on my dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your redo the color is beautiful, i would love to feature it , if that would be ok with you please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done Ashley. Love the colour too.
    Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm featuring this post today and have also pinned it.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog