Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nightstand Re-do

I picked up our last piece of "new" furniture for the master from where?  Craigslist of course.


I was actually really bummed to find out that the hardware did not come off.  I think it's glued to the actual face of the drawer, so we'll have to work on that later.

Plan B:
Sand, prime, and spray paint the knobs a metallic gold.


Then I applied two coats of Sherwin Williams' Rushing River, and voila - Blake now has a nightstand again!


It's a little more manly than my white frenchy on the other side of the bed, and that's how I wanted it.



I'm ready to reveal our new, and MAJORLY improved, Master Bedroom tomorrow! 
(*update: reveal is here*)

Linking to:
Miss Mustard Seed
Inspire Me Please Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. It doesnt even look like the same nightstand, the transformation is amazing. Love the colors you chose! I am having a linky party on sunday (starts on saturday at 6pm) please come and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing how that orangey colored stain turned out so pretty with paint. I'm your newest follower. enjoyed your post. will be back to see the rest of the room

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog