Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Master Bedroom Reveal

Let me just start by saying, that I now LOVE our master bedroom.


It is the retreat that I've always wanted it to be.

And it's been a labor of love. (May I just remind you that I have a 1 year old and a not quite 3 year old!)

Totally our style.  Bits of us.  Personalized for our needs.  I love it.

Let's take a little tour through our new room, shall we?

The post on this dresser is here

That little dresser now catches my eye every time I walk by our bedroom which I love.

With all of my little trinkets and jewelry.


Then, you immediately look right, and you see our new retreat.


We've got the cute little grain sack bench at the foot of our bed (before and after seen here).

My white frenchy nightstand on the left hand side.

The post on this before and after is here.

And of course, our "new" 4 poster bed that made me officially feel like a grown up.

You guys helped choose the final result for this here

And then my first go at using Miss Mustard Seed's Milkpaint in flow blue serves as the major color for our room.

The before and after on this piece can be seen here.

This room is so bright, and totally Ashley/Blake shabby chic, and I just love it.



Pillow from here.
It feels so good to be able to look at how far we've come, and transitioned this room.


Here's the quick progression:
When we moved in
Espresso furniture gloom

Yes, I still would love curtains, a rug for the foot of the bed, and then of course, the board and battan.

But honestly, this was a HUGE project for me tackle and I'm thrilled every time Blake & I get to retreat to our room now - #staymarried ;)

In the words of Dear Lillie...

And for those that care to know, sources:
Chandelier: Craigslist
White Dresser: Craigslist
Shelf: Hobby Lobby
Nightstand lampshades: Target
Grainsack fabric: Decor Steals
Decorative Accessories: HomeGoods
Bedding: West Elm
Throw Pillow: Dear Lillie

And the official before and after:

Linking to:
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The 36th Avenue
Shabby Art Boutique
Redoux Interiors
The Inspiration Gallery
Inspire Me Please BlogHop
Tatertots & Jello
Beneath My Heart

26 comments:

  1. It looks so good! Glad the espresso gloom is gone. There is enough espresso AND gloom in Seattle that you don't really need it in your bedroom. You did such a good job and I love that you now have a serene place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got such a talent for decorating! This looks absolutely amazing and I love how it is so obvious how much love and you put into it! I love the all the white and the few pops of color are such a good balance--glad you are so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's just lovely and really reflects YOU - that's my favorite part. And you move fast girl, this would have taken me forever to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the 36th Ave Link Party. Love the room but especially the teal shelf and the "It is well with my soul" pillow! Looks amazing!
    Stacy
    www.theprojectpalace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I think I love everything about it. Now I just need to tackle our room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the after, lol, I bet you are, too! I love the whites! And that patinia shelf over the bed is devine.
    I'm visiting from 36th Avenue today. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your master bedroom turned out amazing! I love the vintage look you gave it. Coming from The 36th Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful room. It looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley, this room is absolutely gorgeous. Love the bedding, all your painted pieces and that lovely architectural detail above your bed. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room looks like a wonderful peaceful retreat for you and your husband. So pretty!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unfortunately, my room looks more like your 'before' shot, so I've got a ways to go! I'd probably do nothing but lounge in bed if I had a great room like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous bedroom makeover. I love your furniture refinishes. That blue milk paint dresser is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so relaxing! and we have the same bedding, but your room is way more finished than mine!! Id love for you to share at our linky party!

    http://www.lifewelive4.com/2013/03/love-it-list-it-linky-party-5.html

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this reveal!!! You did a fantastic job ;) I'm your newest follower! I would love for you to link this up to our new linky party, Give Me The Goods Monday! I am hosting with 4 other bloggers, 1 party but your links will show up on all 5 blogs!
    http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/03/give-me-goods-party-1.html
    Happy Easter!
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a amazing transformation! I love white bedding. That dresser is to die for! I am having a linky party on sunday (starts on saturday at 6pm) please come and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I love the bench! The entire bedroom is just stunning! New follower here!

    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  17. It turned out fabulous Ashley! I love the shelf above the bed, that was the perfect touch. Doesn't it feel great to be done :) Now enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw your redesign on Craftberry Bush and had to come check out the full details. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, mercy. I just love. it. ALL! Hmm...Miss Mustard Seed and Dear Lilly are two of my favs, too... You've done such a beautiful job. I'm so happy you have a retreat you love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful transformation! I especially love the bench at the foot of your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh it's beautiful!! SUCH a gorgeous transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week. I really enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful! I am super impressed!

    Ginny
    moderncommonplacebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous makeover! I can't believe the before and the after. What a change! Thank you so much for sharing. -K

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great job - well done!

    I would love for you to link up at the Mommy Archive - we're focusing on bedrooms this week, Alice x

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog