Friday, March 15, 2013

Time Flies Pennant Tutorial

I showed you all of Brenner's 1st birthday party details yesterday.

To make the pennant banner, it was super simple!


First, I started with 12 two-point chipboard pennants that you can pick up at any local craft store.  I painted them blue, and got to work.


1. Print out black and white 5x7 prints - one from each month of their first year.

2. Line up your picture on the flag.  I traced the exact triangle that I would need and used it on each photo.

3. Using your triangle "pattern", cut out your two-point pictures.

4. Glue the picture to the chipboard.  I used glue dots and they worked great.

Next, take your hole punch, and simple punch holes through the photos. (My chipboard pennants came with holes already punched, so I just punched through the photos).

Then, string them in order.


Almost finished.

I then used my 2" circle punch to create little labels for each month.  There's no picture for this step because, well, it was late, and sometimes sleep trumps blogging protocol.

Finally, string it up!


I used my Silhouette for the numbers using this free font.


So simple, and personal.  Something I'll definitely treasure for a long time.

Linking to:
TT&J

2 comments:

  1. That is so adorable, what a great idea to use your babies pictures. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! What a sweet idea! I' love to do this for my babies who are 4 mos, gotta catch up!
    Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog