Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Play Date Party

Brecken turned 3 two weeks ago, and amongst the craziness of Mother's Day and our 7th wedding anniversary, we also throw in a birthday.


Wanting to keep things super low key, we decided that a friend/mommy play date party would be the best option:

Water table. Lunch. Backyard. Kids running wild.

It was perfect.

A Play-date Party.

I created his invitation through Paperless Post, and ordered a "keepsake" version so that I still had a print copy to place in his baby book (yep, still in the running for mom of the year ;) ).


Normally, I'm all about sending an actual invite old school in the mail, but when you roll as last minute as I did for this party, Paperless Post was the next best thing - and they saved the day!

The other party elements were a darling print from Dear Lillie, and then recycling most things that I already had around the house (like this table cloth from Brecken's 1st birthday - sorry tablecloth is no longer offered at IKEA).



I assembled some delicious lunches for the kiddos, had a Costco sandwich tray & snacks for the mommas, and we called it a party.




I'm glad that we went this route.  Stressfree.  Brecken was celebrated.  And the party went off without a hitch. 

Despite there being 15 kids 4 and under.




A play-date party was a cheap and easy option for us this year.  Definitely recommend!

Linking to:
The Inspiration Gallery

3 comments:

  1. The little lunch boxes are adorable...very cute Idea...I'll be doing a playdate idea next year!
    -katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stress free is the best ~ and the table is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of kids!! You know how to throw an awesome party! Love all the fun decor!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My Photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog

Loading...