Friday, May 17, 2013

Old Yeller - Garage Sale Buffet

Happy Friday!

On my Instagram (@mamacarbs) a couple weeks ago, I showed a picture of the big yellow buffet I swiped at a garage sale for a steal of a deal.


Great bones, but needed some love.

So to work I went.


I sanded the top a little to smooth out some of the imperfections, and try and remove some of the thick layers of paint that obviously this piece had seen throughout the years.

After a couple coats of Annie Sloan Duck Egg (LOVE this color PS!), some Annie Sloan clear wax and a little buffing - this little number was ready for show!


This is another beaute that is hard for me to let go of...but alas, it must go to another's house.


The interior needed some serious cleaning, so I decided to throw a couple fresh coats of paint in there to freshen things up a bit.


This guy has SO much storage and will be PERFECT for someone's dining room...or family room...or bedroom. :)



Can't wait to troll some more local garage sales this weekend!



Have you found any treasures lately?

Linking to:

9 comments:

  1. Such a lovely piece! You did a wonderful job making her pretty! I love duck egg blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I wish it would fit somewhere in my house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE BUFFET AND THE NEW COLOR , I WOULD LOVE TO FEATURE IT, IF THIS WOULD BE OK PLEASE LET ME KNOW,
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In case you missed the feature you can check it out here,
      thanks again for letting me show off your work

      http://westfurniturerevival.blogspot.com/2013/05/revival-monday-112.html

      lauren

      Delete
  4. You + Amber Lont = best refurbishing friends
    Maybe you should go into business together... seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your "feature" at Revival Monday! This piece is amazing...what a find at a garage sale! Beautiful job on the redo, love the new color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Ashley...popping over from Craftberrybush, where your buffet and drum table are featured!
    -katie

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog