Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fall Starts Anew

I keep hearing that summer is over, and although our schedule has definitely changed and shifted back to school-mode, the forecast still says 90 for today so it's been tough getting my mind wrapped around Fall.

But the blog break is officially over, and I feel refreshed.  It felt good to take the summer off, and just enjoy life.

I had the space to remember why it is that I blog in the first place.  

I could get away from my temptation to just compare my home, or blog, or family, or life, or parenting skills (or lack thereof) to others.  It was getting unhealthy for me.  And I just needed space. 

But now I'm back.  With renewed perspective!

So here's a quick (or maybe not so quick) catch up on what we've been up to this summer:


We started the summer off with a huge purge-fest...aka a garage sale!  Oh man, did it feel good to clean out the garage, and craft room, and every closet that's been hiding who knows what since the day we moved in.  I think this might be a new annual tradition - there's just something so freeing about purging!

That left room in the garage, and house, for projects.  

And projects there were this summer.

Lots of furniture got new life...



And my kids got sick for two weeks straight, so on summer lock down what does a DIY crafter do?  Add a chalk wall - duh!


Oh how I've loved having this chalk wall too.  


And this was the best picture I could get of the boys from the 4th of July.  


Woh woh.  Busy 3 & 1 year old boys.

Then more projects.

We turned this super cool old door into a beautiful table (which I'll do a separate post on the full before and after!)


Sent these refinished pieces to someone else's home:

Paint it white.  Always paint it white.

In between paint sessions, I spent one of the best weeks of my life (again) up at a Young Life camp in Canada called Malibu.  The place is magical, and I got to share it with one of my best friends, and I can't wait to get back.

Cutest lumberjacks in town.

I don't think I ever looked this beautiful in high school!

If you ever get the opportunity to go there, do absolutely everything in your power to make it happen.  Oh man, it's THAT good.

And then, we've rounded out the summer with (what feels like) a bajillion parties because we are T-Minus 4 days until my sister gets married!

Indian-themed bridal shower


Blake's 30th birthday party - a root beer kegger.
Whew - what a summer!  

I'll be doing full posts on most of this stuff soon, but for more party pictures check out my new album on Facebook, and for more furniture updates (including current inventory of what's for sale), go to my Facebook page as well.

Bring it on September - I'm ready for you now!

1 comment:

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog