Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Island Chicks Flea Market Finds

For those that follow along on my Instagram (@ashleydsp), you saw the fun eye candy pictures of all the Christmas-inspired gorgeousness that my friend Kendra & I got to indulge in this last weekend at Island Chicks out in Anacortes, WA.


The crowds were nothing we hadn't experienced before, and sort of added to the thrill of the hunt - knowing that so many people might see that treasure that I never knew I needed before me!

Like this guy:


A vintage laundry cart on casters! Who knew I needed one?!

It was my first purchase of the day, and I was so excited when I saw it. I really have no immediate purpose for it, but it was for sure coming home with me.

There were SO many booths, and I was SO inspired and so in awe of all that people had created and brought to share with others.


I'm always a sucker for anything with a menswear sway to it - and these plaid vintage suitcases were no exception.


Adorable little trophies, one of which came home with me for Brecken's new collegiate prep-inspired room.

I just loved the way both of these areas were styled (wish I had the vendor names for you)...


And then my most favorite styled booth at the event came from the folks over at M&M Antiques in Monroe, WA.


It was all so perfectly rustic and vintage...and me! I loved it!


Most of the rest of the loot I snagged up, I haven't photographed yet because our house is in a huge state of flux right now, as I'm making room for all of their new homes. 


It was quite funny though to be plowing through the crowds with this huge vintage milk can and awesome (totally dangerous) flying red snow shovel.


Can you say Christmas porch?!

1 comment:

  1. Followed you from Instagram to here (and plan to hit up your facebook too!) Love your style...and I think I would have been in heaven in that market! The vintage laundry cart on casters...gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog