Monday, November 11, 2013

Vintage Collegiate Prep

For the longest time, I have had this intense fascination and obsession with the Kennedy's.

Source

I could look through their black and white photos of life in Hyannis Port for days.
Source

They encapsulates this whole lifeSTYLE that I've always loved - collegiate prep.

Source
Yale. Harvard. Secret societies. East Coast prep.

I've loved it all since I knew how to use the dewey decimal system (yes, I used it. All the time. To research Kennedy family stuff. Weird kid). And don't even get me started on Jackie Kennedy. LOVE her style.


Anyway, I've been putting together some pins of the whole feel that I'm going for in Brecken's room. Which yes, has been sitting bare bones since the day we moved in.

Here are some of the inspiration pictures I've been pinning.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

There's my inspiration - and I'm so excited to get going on this room (finally), because there will definitely be a Dirt Stains and Paint flare to it all of course. :)

You can follow along on my Pinterest board for other inspirational images to go with my vintage collegiate prep room!

What are some other collegiate prep must-haves for his room??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog