Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Collegiate Prep Boys Room

We interrupt this Christmas season (and plethora of fun posts) to bring you some much-anticipated pictures of our new Collegiate Prep themed boys room!


I showed my inspiration here...and although I'm still working out some finishing touches (i.e. pictures on the walls...INCLUDING the Kennedy's), I wanted to share with you the transformation that has happened in Brecken's room.

First, I'll show you where we started.


The walls were immediately painted Benjamin Moore's Silver Dollar, and I stared and stared at them and just kept feeling like all 4 walls of that grey was TOO dark. 


Falls asleep with the lights on all the time. 
Especially with navy blue bedding.

So I painted one accent wall two coats of Behr's Pure White (to match our trim), and tried my hand at doing my first planked wall using this tutorial.





IN. LOVE.


I then picked up those amazingly HUGE farmhouse beds from this local gal (who also sells beautiful furniture with me at Roots of Gratitude), and knew they would be perfect in the room.


The bedding we've had (from here), but I swapped out the nightstand for this little vintage knotty pine guy from the Island Chicks market, and said goodbye to my very first roadside rescue.


Then we (ha! I say we like I actually did it....I mean my husband a really buff friend) hauled up these extremely heavy lockers that I picked up from Craigslist because what's a collegiate prep room without lockers?!


We've got Blake's old high school letterman's jacket hanging in there, and Brecken thinks that's pretty cool.

And I do too.


Collected a few vintage trophies - one from her and one from the market.


Gosh, as I'm uploading all these pictures, I didn't realize how bright they are! Sorry about that - photographing a white room on a sunny day is a new skill I'm going to have to hone.


The vintage tennis rackets get put up most of the time...they are a hazard/weapon temptation for a 3 year old. :)


I just LOVE how it's come together.

Like I said, I've still got pictures to hang on the walls, and a few more finishing touches, but overall, it's done.

Because I love the Brits.


Ask away on sources - I'll do my best to answer them all, because it was definitely collect a little here, and collect a little more there. That's how I roll. :)


Linking to:
Inspiration Gallery

3 comments:

  1. Love the little touches that you did in this room, the lockers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the rope mirror and baseball frame?

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog