Monday, December 2, 2013

How We Celebrate Advent

Yesterday marked the first of December, and the beginning of Advent.

This is a newer tradition for our family, and I don't have much to share on it, except to direct you to the weekly readings that our family follows in celebration of Advent.

This was our post-advent family fun night.

You can view each week's schedule here. She nailed it - no need to reinvent the wheel.

Sneak peak at some Christmas decor around the house.

And then I also picked up another Advent (daily) calendar at Target this year, for us to start each morning off with a random act of kindness (pulled from this list) or a small treat.

Christmas busyness is in full swing, but we love pausing each week for this intentional time to learn more about the reason for the season. This is a focus for our family, and we love it, so I thought I'd share!

How does your family celebrate Advent?
(Leave a comment or link, I'd love to hear your ideas)


1 comment:

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog