Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Country Chic Sofa Table

Our family room is literally CONSTANTLY in motion.


The boys are literally constantly moving, and the furniture is constantly being rearranged.

Like once a week.

No joke.


That's mainly because I'm always wanting to try something new. New layout. New style of furniture. New paint technique.

I think of it more as a hobby than a state of dissatisfaction.

With that, I've been wanting to add a sofa table to our space for awhile.


Then, I found this crazy cheap french leg beauty on Craigslist and knew it would fit perfect!


You can see that huge water stain on the top, so I sanded the entire top down to the bare wood and used a quick coat of Early American stain for a refreshed tabletop.


I only left it on for a quick second (like literally as long as it took me to do one coat on, I was wiping it off). I wanted a warm, but too dark, look.


Then, two coats of Country Chic Paint in Simplicity (always a sucker for crisp white), and focused on the wet distressing technique Country Chic recommends. 


This technique is so easy, and gives such great "chippy" results. Wet rag, rub in places that would normally be distressed, and voila - great distressed look.


It's sealed with the natural wax by CCP and I let it cure for 24 hours. 



It's just the perfect little addition to our family room - I love it.




***Make sure to like us on Facebook & Instagram (@ashleydsp) for more real time updates on furniture pieces available, or headed to the shop***

Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. I love this little table...and it's transformation! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks GREAT, sweetie!! Good job!! I'd love to watch you do this process some time . . . guess it'll have to wait until spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your house. It has a soul...
    Your ideas are great.

    Margaret
    http://www.decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this table! Pat yourself on your back from me! Coming over from www.missmustardseed.com.

    Tara Corley
    www.palmettochicks.org

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog