Thursday, February 6, 2014

Ice Cream Social Gender Reveal Party


One of our favorite things to do as a family is to celebrate the little things in life. 

Like really CELE.BRATE.

This gal is regularly inspiring me on fun ways to celebrate my family and friends (currently doing this love challenge).

So when we found out that two of our most dearest friends were expecting just 3 days apart, we knew without a doubt that we were going to be super intentional about celebrating these babies.

 

And I've been wanting to attend a Gender Reveal Party for a long time. 

So why not throw one?! (insert Field of Dreams sentiment…)


To set the tone, I hired Kara from Pocket Full of Pixels to custom design this adorable invite and I adore the way it turned out.

PC: PocketFullofPixels
Color scheme: Navy, Gold, Pale Pink and White.



Up next came some Pinterest sessions - the way I plan ALL my parties - and I found several inspiration pics (you can see them on this board). 

People are often very generous in their compliments of "my" ideas at a party. 

Puh-lease. Thanks for thinking so highly of me…but let's be honest, Pinterest is the real party planner. (you can follow my boards here)

I did an "Ice Cream Social" spread - which is SO easy by the way. 

And delicious. 

And totally makes sense in the dead of winter (on a 20 degree day). 



For the actual reveal, I picked up 2 gigantic 36" balloons from my very favorite local party shop (here), and hand stuffed them with a bajillion pre-cut tissue paper squares (ordered from here)


Everyone had an opportunity to submit their guess, along with name suggestions.


In a good way, I got caught up in enjoying the moment and wasn't able to capture many pictures of the actual event, but you can trust that it was magical!

But here are some more party shots I snapped before the night began:



Lighting at night: yuck!









And then the moment of truth happened…and here it is captured on video (for one of the couples)!

video


Two boys!!

That is my husband jumping up and down front and center. 

We are just a little bit excited to add more little boys to our lives, and love on them as we do our own.



We were all on an emotional high after last night. 

There is true joy in celebrating life with those you love. 

And this gender reveal party was definitely no exception.



Sources:
Invites: Pocket Full of Pixels (Etsy)
36" Balloons & Napkins: Prep Seattle (in stores only…but also online here)
Tissue Paper Squares: Lakeshore Learning (Amazon)
Glitter clothespins: Michaels
Tablecloth: IKEA (similar)
Anything else you'd like to know - just ask away!

Linking to:
Liz Marie Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog