Monday, March 3, 2014

Buffet Re-do Using Antiquing Wax

I showed my Instagram friends the picture of the dresser I scored a couple weeks back from Craigslist, from the nicest elderly couple that was ready to throw it out.

Excuse me, no thank you - I'll take that please!


Perfect condition, hardly any scratches - just needing some paint love and elbow grease.

I immediately got to work, cleaning all the surfaces with a soft cloth, and removing all of the hardware from the drawers.

I knew I would be using Country Chic Paint, so cleaning the surfaces was the only prep work I would need to do. 

Reason 485 why I love this paint: No prep work.

Elegance was the color of choice, with antiquing wax as the final finishing coat.

As I'm typing this out, I am realizing that I deleted ALL of my in-process photos before uploading.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Argh Ashley. Rookie mistake.

Oh well, you'll have to settle for a quick before and after this time.


Elegance is the most beautiful muted blue-grey color, and then with the antiquing wax on top, it "ages" it just the right amount to make for a gorgeous vintage neutral.


I love this hardware - all original, and I left it as is.

And I love the era of this dresser. Or buffet. Or changing table. Options are endless.


I'll have to do a different post on my process of using the antiquing wax since I'm a goober and deleted my in-process photos.

Now I must make the choice - keep or sell?? Thoughts?

Linking to:

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have room for it, keep it, it's beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog