Thursday, January 8, 2015

Starting Out a New Year - Cleaned Up!

The holidays came and went, and as per usual, we had a glorious Christmas season. It was so fun experiencing Christmas morning through the eyes of our kids.

It was our first Christmas with a tiny little baby (because our boys are spring babies and were not even remotely tiny by Christmas), and we couldn't have been more grateful to have her home with us completing our family.


All that it was though, this family was ready to pack away 2014 and start fresh in 2015. It was a hard year for us. The hardest yet (3rd kid anyone?!).

But now I'm feeling inspired. And renewed. And motivated. Empowered.

My heart is to simplify this year. 

Simplify our home. Our stuff. Our thoughts and relationships. Our commitments. I want margin. And freedom.

So I thought I'd share a couple shots from around the house that hopefully get you inspired as well.

Oh, and just so you and I start the year out on the right foot, please know that all of these images are unfiltered, unedited, not cropped and taken by a total amateur. On the day the house cleaners came. So yeah, you can feel free to let your guard down when in my home. I'm not one of those moms that has it all together. And I know this isn't my quickest route to gain followers. I just want to help us both feel simplified when we're together.





Christmas chalkboard. Still up. And those folding chairs from Christmas dinner. :)

Green bowl on the counter. Whoops

Dirty diaper on the floor. Double whoops.
Excited to see this year unfold.

What is inspiring you right now? I'd love to hear!

**If you want to see more real life, everyday snippets, make sure to come find me on IG @ashleydsp so that we can really be friends

1 comment:

  1. Can you please, please, please let me know the name/ color/ where you bought the subway tile in your kitchen? I am so in love with it! Thank you! Hopezoll@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog